Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hope is Just a Foundation

Hola! I am a student at Virginia Tech. I am majoring in Environmental Economics Management and Policy and minoring in Green Engineering. I am interested in a career in making environmentally friendly products more economically feasible. As part of my studies, this spring semester I will be in Costa Rica for a sustainable development program. It will be an important component of my education. Costa Rica is a developing country made up of almost 50 percent rainforest.  The need for a stronger economy, higher employment, and higher wages needs to be balanced with attention to preserving the rainforest and natural environment. My semester in Costa Rica will give me hands-on experience in creating sustainable low-impact solutions to environmental problems around the globe. This program is fundamental to my education but, is limited by financial resources. Hope is just a foundation for our dreams of a sustainable future. The structure of sustainability only comes with the correct action. My hope is unlimited but, my action is limited by my resources.

If you have ever been to college, you are well aware of how expensive it is. Studying abroad is even more expensive than regular tuition. My family and I have been pulling together funds for my trip but we are not quite there yet. With the deadline quickly approaching in January, I decided to set up this site to help me raise the rest of the money I need.

In the following days, I will be posting information on various ways you can help fund my trip. Sustainable tips and thoughts from a young environmentally-conscious woman (me) will be posted as well. Follow my blog to receive updates on new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment