Thursday, July 14, 2016

Yet Another Hike


Apparently I don't do enough hiking in my day to day life in site...
Here are a few photos from another mountain I decided I wanted to climb to the top of. This is Cerro Ciri Grande and it's in a community fairly close to mine. 


See that peak far off in the distance? That's the mountain we are going to climb. Did I mention we had to hike from one volunteer's site to another volunteer's site first? It took about an hour and a half to hike over to the base of the mountain. 




A baby horse we saw at the base of the mountain. 


Once at the base of the mountain, we climbed to the top, which only took about another hour and a half, but when you're almost to the top there is actually a part where a rope is needed to help you get up a rock face.




With the volunteer who lives in this community. We are at the top of the mountain and behind us you can see my mountain range (where my community is) behind all the smoke (burning fields). 


No comments:

Post a Comment