Sunday, January 13, 2013

Falling

January 5th we went rappelling!

The day after zip-lining was rappel day. We went down four different waterfalls at 165 feet, 85 feet, 45 feet, and 95 feet. The first step over the edge when you have to lean back in your harness turned my stomach every time. Descending in the waterfall was pretty cold, but amazing. Talk about an adrenaline rush! 

The trucks we took to get to our starting point
 
It was a very bumpy ride and we were a little concerned about falling off the truck
Getting strapped in...

Pretending we're not nervous...

I just thought this picture was funny

Ready to go

Well, maybe not...

On the way down the first waterfall (165 feet)

Can you see the people at the bottom?

Yea, they look like ants
It was pretty slow going at first

Until I figured out what I was doing

Safely at the bottom

This first one ended by me landing in ankle deep water and regretting wearing my tennis shoes. But then at the next waterfall I landed in waist deep water and realized it didn't matter what I was wearing, I was going to get soaked.

Example A

and Example B

Another photo bomb....

and the group, once again

We all made it! 

Even though it was frightening at times and the will to let yourself fall was hard to find at first, I had a blast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment