Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Site Placement

August 10, 2014

August? When did it become August?

Last week was site announcement. The entire group found out where they will be spending there next two years! My site is in the province of Panama Oeste, it is a Latino site and I will be the first volunteer there. There are only about two hundred people in this community and they mainly work with coffee and culantro production. There is no electricity and very limited cell phone reception. They have an aqueduct, but I will have to treat the water for consumption. It will only take me about three hours to get to my site from Panama City. I take a bus to La Chorerra, then a chiva, and then I have a 30 minute hike up into the mountains to my site. I am pretty close to several other volunteers, one of them being my very good friend in the SAS group. We are both very excited our sites are close, being able to see each other often will most definitely lessen the chances of me losing my sanity.
This past week was site visitation, however myself and another volunteer stayed behind in the city to receive (much needed) extra Spanish tutoring. I was a little bummed I didn’t get to see my site, however in just three short weeks I will be sworn in as a Peace Corps volunteer and move to my site to live for the next two years! Yikes!
Finding out where my site is!!

 


 

 



 
We were a little excited.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment